My career as a developper

My-career-as-a-developper

My-career-as-a-developper

A hypertext narrative by

Jonathan DeschĂȘnes

Created with

The Virtual Writing Tutor Grammar Checker

Next

Word count: 1514

Choice count: 26

Section count: 16

Image count: 16

Error count: 9

Field Related Analysis

Education : 97 matches

(cegep, choice, college, course, courses, degree, diploma, don, exam, first, goal, grades, graduation, high school, learn, learning, level, school, task, taught, technology, university, vacation, vocational)

Business : 33 matches

(administrator, budget, company, development, factory, money, opportunity, pay, price, team, technology, upgrade)

Law : 24 matches

(administrator, budget, development, family, house, information, interest, living, opinion, price, process)

Target Structure: (3 matches)

dead-end job (2 matches)

pull off (1 match)

though (1 match)

Next

My-career-as-a-developper

Fresh out of high school.

I just arrived home after my graduation from my high school, now I am wondering what`s next? I always loved technology, and after completing my high school and my diploma of vocational studies in computer technology at the same time I grasped an interest in app development. A lot of opportunity is being presented to me : I can go continue study in cegep for a diploma of college studies in app development, or I can start freelancing and become a self-taught developer, or at last I can forget about development and go work as a computer specialist since my diploma of vocational studies in computer technology is perfect for this job.

Choice 1 : The cegep path.

Choice 2 : The self-taught programmer path.

Choice 3 : The computer specialist path.

Image of a high school graduation.

The cegep path.

It is your first year after choosing to continue to study app development at a cegep. I am starting to realise that app development is pretty complex and hard. Even after some exam failures, I still push through and try to pull off good grades, but it is exhausting. A lot of my friends who chose the same path as me already left the program, do I do the same, or I finish my degree?

Choice 1 : Quit school

Choice 2 : Finish the degree

A computer science student studying

The self-taught programmer path.

Fresh out of school, I am ready to start my new career as a self-taught programmer. I am watching a lot of videos on Youtube on how to get started, but they are quite vague. All of these examples of people are selling an online course, but which one is right? The price ranges for these courses are around $500 to $3000. But which one do I choose?

Choice 1 : Buying the $500 online course.

Choice 2 : Buying the $3000 online course.

Saving acount

The computer specialist path.

Fresh out of high-school with a degree in information technology, I am ready to start my new career as a computer specialist. Two paths gets opened ups for me : be a network administrator which is more complex and paying more, or start as a level one computer specialist and scale the ladder in a company. Although the second choice seems safer, it can be a long and excruciating process, although rewards well at the end.

Choice 1 : Starting as a level one computer specialist.

Choice 2 : Starting as a network administrator.

The corporate world

Life is too short to spend it on school...

After a long reflexion about quitting my program, I choose to start something new and interesting! The school life wasn`t for me, I decided I want to take a leap year and focus on myself. The next year I am going on vacation for 2 months and use all my life savings for the last years. And after traveling I will find a pretty decent job that I can climb the ladder. I am excited about this choice and can`t wait to come back from vacation to start the real work.

Choice 1 : The full time jobs after high school.

Nothing more relaxing than getting tan on a beach

The full time jobs after high school.

I found a job in a factory with a great pay. Although my coworkers are a bit annoying, this job gives me the comfort and stability for a great life. Unfortunately I lost all passion and goal, I like where I am at. I can see myself finding a wife and having kids and living a happy life! If I had the opportunity would I do it all again?

Choice 1 : Try again?

A great family house

Buying the $500 online course.

After finishing high school and becoming unemployed, I need to budget my money, so I can still live comfortably. I bought the $500 online course to start becoming a programmer. Unfortunately after buying I realized that there is some pretty sketchy websites online, and I got scammed... I think I need to get serious and to start to get a full time job.

Choice 1 : The full time jobs after high school.

Buying from online

Graduating from cegep.

After three hard years of studying and building projects, I have my degree. After graduating I got two choices : I can continue to study at university for more experiences and competences and a much bigger pay later, or I can get a full-time job as a developer.

Choice 1 : Starting as a junior developer.

Choice 2 : Starting the university as a software engineer.

Students celebrating graduation

Buying the $3000 online course.

I decided that I wanted to go all in on my programmer journey, I invested a lot of money, and I expect a great and fully comprehensive course about programmation. But, since it is a big course it can take up to 1 year to finish it. But I am ready to start learning! After it I can eventually, go to university, or just start my journey as a developer.

Choice 1 : Starting as a junior developer.

Choice 2 : Starting the university as a software engineer.

Learning online

Starting as a junior developer.

After a lot of hard work, I am finally starting my journey as a developer! I am really excited to start, and ready to learn. I am introduced on a small team of developer my age that just finished schooling like me, and we get started on creating software. The pay is great, and I am living my dream of being a programmer! I can now start to check what's next : a family, a house or even some hobbies like an Atv or a boat! If I had the opportunity would I do it all again?

Choice 1 : Try again?

A person programming

Starting the university as a software engineer.

After your hard work in cegep, you are starting another chapter : university. It is definitely a big step-up from cegep in my opinion. Tasks are becoming really hard, and more frequent. I have two choices in front of me : I can do like in cegep and complete my program until the end, or I can quit and just start my career as a junior developer.

Choice 1 : Starting as a junior developer.

Choice 2 : Starting as a junior software engineer.

UQAM university

Starting as a junior software engineer.

After all these years of study, you can finally proudly say that you are officially finished with school. As a software engineer the pay is more than enough and the work is gratifying. I can finally start my real passion, and what I have been waiting for years. I can start a family too with a big house and living a really luxury life. Life is great! If I had the opportunity would I do it all again?

Choice 1 : Try again?

A beautifull home

Starting as a level one computer specialist.

I am ready to start learning and building my career as a computer specialist. After finding a job, I quickly realized that the task given to me are quite repetitive and boring. I really hope the work get different since it is really not what I was expecting as a level one computer specialist. I can always just find another job more suiting with my needs, or I can hope to climb the ladder and to get new tasks.

Choice 1 : Climbing the ladder.

Choice 2 : Starting as a network administrator.

Call center with generic jobs

Starting as a network administrator.

I am excited to start my new career as a network administrator, but I feel something missing... This is not what I want to do for the rest of my life, it is not my passion. The pay is more than enough, but I want more. I feel like the way I want to focus on my life is more outside than on the work itself. I can travel and experience life, or I can focus on my career.

Choice 1 : Focus on traveling and living experiences.

Choice 2 : Climbing the ladder.

A physical network

Climbing the ladder.

After 4 years of hard work in the same company I found out that climbing the ladder doesn't really exist as a way to upgrade. I am finding myself in a dead-end job unfortunately. I can always just quit and found another job if I really want to. But this job gives me comfort and a stable pay that gives me the things I want, I am pretty happy here even though it is a dead-end job. If I had the opportunity would I do it all again?

Choice 1 : Try again?

A dead-end office job

Focus on traveling and living experiences.

It has been 2 years since I started to focus on traveling instead of my work. Life has been great, and I am able to visit new places I haven't been before. At work, I just clock in and clock out I don't do more and my coworkers don't really love my work, but it is my choice and I rather much more appreciate life than spending it behind a desk! If I had the opportunity would I do it all again?

Choice 1 : Try again?

Place to visit while traveling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer science glossary